Ronstan 40mm Orbit Lashing Block with Ball Bearings
The Ronstan Orbit 40mm Single Lashing Block with ball bearings provide the perfect balance of strength, performance, and reliability. They offer class-leading dynamic and static load ratings, the highest available in this size of performance blocks. Lightweight and strong toughened glass fiber reinforced nylon cheeks replace stainless steel straps used in traditional utility blocks – the perfect balance of performance and reliability.
- Class leading dynamic and static load ratings
- Lightweight, yet strong. Toughened, glass fibre reinforced nylon replaces stainless steel straps used in our traditional utility blocks
- Soft attachment, lashing and traditional swivel shackle head options
- Low profile and compact
- High performance cleating
- Can be opened and used as a snatch block
- Integrated becket
- Low friction 2-stage ball bearing system for efficient and effortless trimming
- Includes light lashing line
Series 40 Orbit Blocks™ are fitted with our carbon reinforced C-Cleat™ for secure rope holding with low entry and exit efforts, and fairleads for fast action from any angle. Cleat arms are made from stainless steel and are adjustable for setting to your preferred cleating angle.
These Ball Bearing versions incorporate our 2-stage bearing system using ball bearings to minimize friction and a secondary full-contact bearing to maintain low friction across the full working load range.
- Mainsheet systems and spinnaker sheets on dinghies, off-the-beach catamarans and sportsboats to 8m (26ft)
- Halyard, vang and backstay applications on boats to 9m (30ft)
- Control line applications on larger yachts
Snatch Block: Pair with a Dyneema Soft Shackle to make a snatch block that can easily be added to any existing line. The 2 sides of the blocks housing are not fused so they can rotate independently on the center hub of the block to allow it to open up and be added to any system that is already in place without having to undo the line that you are already using.
Max Line Diameter: Ronstan’s specs say that it works with a 3/8″ and 10mm diameter line, but we recommend only using up to 5/16 and 9mm diameter line with their 40mm Orbit blocks to prevent drag in the housing of the block.