Ozone Hyperlink V2
With increased stability, lighter weight, improved handling and bar feeling the Ozone Hyperlink V2 design takes it to the next level. It excels on all surfaces, with their innovative valve design it can be set up for the water, snow and land, as a Closed Cell or Open Cell kite.
The Hyperlink V2 features an all-new material combination with a durable, airtight and lightweight double rip-stop for the upper and lower surfaces. The new material has a unique formulated coating to help shed water, improving flying characteristics and water re-launch. The Hyperlink V2 is durable and strong, while being as lightweight as the V1 Ultralight version.
Murrays Review on the Ozone Hyperlink V2:
The Hyperlink feels like a cross between an LEI kite and a foil kite. It has the increased upwind angle of attack, larger wind range and insane boosting performance of a foil kite with the user friendliness of a inflatable kite. It provides quicker steering and a tighter turning arch than any other foil kite. It’s hybrid design is the best of both worlds and lends itself to foiling, freeriding on a twin tip and even strapless freestyle. The Hyperlink vastly increases your upwind angle of attach over an inflatable kite and can go downwind at inceraded angles as well. The wind range is almost double of that of an LEI kite as it has almost total depower and its light weight construction and flat profile can build power efficiently in light winds. Last up is the boosting, this thing boosts! And it has para-glider like hang time for super soft landings. You will be so thankful for its upwind ability after its massive boosts take you higher and farther than any LEI is capable of. Most foil kites fly so far forward that they can throw you off balance during landings, but the Hyperlink’s boosting feels very similar to a LEI and is very intuitive for those coming over from an inflatable kite.
Ozone Hyperlink V2 Features
- Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction
- Designed With OZ-CAD
- High Performance Ultra Light Materials
- Innovative Inflate Valve
- 4-line Closed Cell and 5-line Open Cell modes
- L.E Profile Reinforcements
- Internal Diagonals and Straps
- Sheathed Bridle Lines
- Waterproof deflation zipper
- Water Drainage Channels
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range
- Fool proof line connectors
- Two storage bag options
Important Notes From Ozone:
- The kite is water re-launchable, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! A drainage system on the wing tip allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out. Do not use the kite in waves.
- Always use a Brake Handle when flying a foil kite. This is the handle/line spanned between the back leader lines on your control system. This easy to grab handle makes inflation, self-landing and reverse launch easier.
- This kite features a simple yet effective front line flag out release in 4-Line Closed Cell mode. The 5-line Open Cell mode is recommended for Snow or Land use only. The air intake valves MUST be open when using 5-line mode – if the valves are not set open this will compromise the functionality of the Internal Re-ride Release System and could cause to damage to the kite. After releasing the flag out you should check the speed system, bridle lines and flying lines for twists before restart.
- Speed System and Bridle lines should be regularly checked and maintained in the correct trim or the kite will not perform as designed. If they are worn or not to factory specification (+ or – 15mm) they must be replaced. How To videos and a Bridle Check PDF with all measurements can be found at www.ozonekites.com
Ozone Hyperlink V2 Flying Line Recommendations
We recommend 25m flying lines as the best all-round option. Using line lengths of 20m to 23m the handling of the Hyperlink V2 becomes more responsive making jumping more direct and easier. For Hydro-foiling shorter lines (10m to 20m) are preferred by a wide range of users. You will feel an increased ‘connection’ to the kite, it will become more responsive and direct. In stronger winds with shorter lines the upwind ability will be enhanced significantly.
4- Line Closed Cell versus 5- Line Open Cell
Watch the how-to video to ensure you understand the correct method to change between 4-Line Closed Cell and 5-Line Open Cell modes.
4- Line Closed Cell Mode
The Hyperlink comes standard in 4-Line Closed Cell Mode, utilising our Front Line Flag Out Release System. This is recommended for water use – it is a simple and effective flag out when the Quick Release is activated – it works the same way as our 4-line inflatable water kite range
- 4 Line Closed Cell Mode is recommended when riding on water.
- Inflation is quick and smooth after pre-inflating the kite.
- If you are already an inflatable kite rider it will only take you one session to get to know the Hyperlink.
- For twin tip riders once the kite is in the air and powered up the similarities to an inflatable kite can be felt.
- It has progressive handling, generates smooth consistent power, great upwind performance and jumps well with long hang time and smooth landings.
- Ideal for Foil Board riding, the Hyperlink produces more power than an inflatable kite size per size – this means you can use a smaller more maneuverable kite to
- Maneuvers are made easy thanks to the stability and lift produced as the Hyperlink flies through the zenith – a great help when learning to tack and gybe giving you time and float to change board direction.
- In light winds the Hyperlink will fly above you unlike inflatable kites that have a tendency to fall out of the sky. This makes getting set up for starting stress free.
5- Line Open Cell Mode
The optional 5-Line Internal Re-Ride Release System Conversion Kit is recommended for snow or land use. The Internal Re-Ride Release System de-powers the kite instantly without tangling, and falls to the ground to re-launch when ready.
- 5-Line Open Cell Mode is recommended when riding on snow or land.
- Similar inflation as in Closed Cell Mode, slightly quicker due to the valves being open.
- Snow and land riding are a blast, the easy inflation and Internal Re-Ride Release System means it can be taken anywhere safely.
- The Hyperlink combines the perfect balance of handling, pop and float to make the most of terrain and flats.
- It is easy to get big air on this machine!