Murrays Race Half Harness with 10″ spreader bar
Back by popular demand the Murrays Race Half Harness is perfect for recreational sailors and racers alike looking for a light weight, comfortable half harness. The Murrays Race Half Harness is a seat harness designed specifically with the Catamaran sailor in mind. The Murrays Half harness features internal battens to provide an amazing amount of back support with a low profile harness. This Butt Bucket style harness is compatible with the Magic Marine quick release hook system or the Dakine spreader bars. This model includes a dakine 10″ bar with load distributing hook. This bar is a little different from the standard Race Half Harness in that it is fixed on one side, and releases via side release buckle on one side only.
– Wide sizing range: Size 2-42
– Releasable buckle for easy on and off without changing the adjustment settings
– Neoprene buckle covers to keep all the straps contained
– Anti Slide Seat Panels: We have reinforced the seat with TuffGrip patches to prevent sliding and add durability to the seat
– Padded with 3/8″ closed-cell foam: Does not retain water.
– Padded leg straps offers support and comfort advantages.
More Notes on the Murrays Half Harness
Back by popular demand, Really! Harnesses discontinued in 2005 only because we lost our local supplier. After years of search,
we found our new local supplier right here in Carpinteria.
Starting Point: Murray Race Half Harness
* Light Weight & comfortable
* Quick & Easy to wear and adjust.
* Battens provide back support superior to most full harnesses.
* Side Release waist strap buckle for quick open/close and adjustment. (Compared to ladder lock buckles)
Improvements in 2018/19
* Harness seat area has “shape” to SIT in. More of your weight
is supported by sitting and less by waist and leg straps.
* New neoprene POCKETS contain and store excess waist strap material **
** Note: See video or instructions how to finish strap ends to
reduce excess strap and clutter.
* One size fits most from S/M to L/XL (xx in to yy in)
* Standard 10″ spreader buckle fits most adults M & L.
* Use 4″, 6″ or 8″ buckles to fit Small sizes
* Use 12″ spreader buckle to fit XL**
** Note: Wider buckle may be more comfortable for hiking out, but extra (too much) buckle width can get in the way and may cause bruising
of forearms when reaching across in front to reach the control sheets.
Instructions to finish strap ends:
Straps included with harnesses are intentionally long because they are easy to shorten and difficult to lengthen. Suggest that you do not cut until you determine amount of strap you need.
* Put on your maximum, cold water sailing apparel.
* Put on harness and adjust all straps for proper comfort, fit and support.
* Evaluate strap lengths needed. Allow for adjustment to allow easy to wear & removal.
* Extra strap length can be (should be) tucked back through buckle thereby securing straps under buckles and eliminating “loose ends”.
* Cut off extra strap with a hot knife or cut with scissors and then seal webbing ends with heat. Cutting straps at an angle makes inserting straps into buckles easier.