Liquid Force Wow V4 Kite
Murrays 2 cents on the Liquid Force WOW V4:
The Wow V4 was hardly available in the 2019 season due to an underestimated demand and is only recently having stock availability again.
The Wow V4 is a standout kite for 2019-2020 seasons. It’s most prominent characteristics are that it is light, quick and has a great wind range. The WOW V4 has smooth power delivery, near total depower, loads of drift, medium to light bar pressure, great boost and pop. The WOW V4 is great in the waves, very stable and easy to manouver and know where it is at all times. The WOW V4 can also boost so it is great for those doing strapless airs and those looking for an aggressive freeride kite. Its lightweight frame, quick turning speed and massive depower make it really engaging on a foil. The wind range feels like it has improved over the V3, with both a solid low end grunt and lots of depower. The WOW v4 has a solid amount of power within the sheeting range for park and ride style riding, and with its light bar pressure and quick pivotal turning it can also be flown aggressively to build power. It kinda feels like we are gushing over this kite or a pushing a sales pitch here, but we are genuinely stoked on this kite and it has been a stand out kite in all the testing that we have done. We recommend this kite to anyone looking for a fast kite for progression in foiling, waves, or boosting.
LF has been on a weight reduction program for the last few years and its benefits are evident in the WOW. Initially it looked like cost reduction, but after accusing them of this they showed us that they have continually upgrading materials, and that the lighter stuff is actually more expensive than the heavy duty materials that they have been reducing. The result of the weight reduction is a high performance kite that will boost, drift, and respond quickly to input even in light winds.
From Liquid Force
The Liquid Force Wow V4 is a lightweight Wave/Freeride kite built on a 3 strut platform for immediate responsiveness, stability and an easy drift. It offers easy delivery and allows for quick directional changes. There is a simple no pulley bridle support with a lightweight and responsive design.
Sizes : 5 – 6 – 7 – 8 – 9 – 10 – 12 – 14
The WOW v4, with a complete redesign, offers wave seekers and strapless surf freestylers a kite with effortless flying characteristics. This kite lets you focus on pulling the next move, making unmakeable sections, and placing yourself perfectly in the pocket. Our goals for the WOW v4 were to improve response from the bar, increase turning speed, and tighten the axis point radius of the turning arc while retaining the superior slack line drift the WOW has always been known for. To accomplish this, our design change started with an exploration of a completely new profile and shape. After countless hours of computer-aided design, numerous prototypes and months of testing, we have arrived at a new profile arc and a new “boxey” shape that meet all of our design goals. Increased bar response improves the intuitive feel, rapid pivotal turning axis lets you precisely place the kite where you want it and the smooth power delivery can easily be dumped on demand to handle erratic and gusty wind or to grant complete depower for surfing without the power of the kite.We didn’t stop with just a new profile and overall shape. The wingtips of the WOW v4 have evolved to be more elongated, so the kite can handle more rear-line tension. This helps eliminate back-stalling and provides rapid re-launch. It also permits a more aggressive use of the new profile in lighter wind, making it possible to size down and ride with confidence. Legendary Liquid Force bomb-proof construction combines with newly added performance features, including the use of Teijin Triple Ripstop canopy and an infused strut connection that adds stiffness to the overall canopy profile, making for a reactive platform that reduces distortion and flutter.
LF WOW V4 Wind Range Chart:
- Lightweight: Lightweight 3 strut platform offering excellent canopy stability and superior drift.
- Arc Shape: “Boxey” shape and low profile for quick pivotal axis turning, smooth power delivery and easy-to-manage depower.Text
- Profile: Low profile diameter leading edge that allows for quick directional changes and rapid movement through the wind window.
- Material: Teijin Triple Ripstop and Dacron material provide strength, UV protection and tear resistance that’s specifically developed for harsh kite surfing conditions.
- Bridle: Simple no pulley bridle support. Lightweight and responsive by design. The lack of pulleys creates a more direct connection from rider to kite while eliminating unwanted weight on the leading edge.
- Max Flow: Inflating your kite should be easy, and with the exclusive Liquid Force Max Flow valve and pump system, it is! The widemouthed setup is nearly effortless and 40 percent faster.
- Tapered LE Tips: this LE wingtip design, combined with the LF tape batten prevents accidental bridle wraps.
- One Pump System: Single point inflation system will inflate and deflate your struts automatically.
- LE English Stitch Seams: Clean, inter locked, fray free design that creates a strong bond.
- Tension Trailing Edge: Reduces flutter, creates efficiency and increases TE strength