Boye Sheepsfoot Folding Knife Blue
The Boye Sheepsfoot Folding Knife is Murrays sailing knife of choice, having tried most everything on the market we find that the Boye meets the needs of sailors and represents the best value on the market. It features a rope pick, shackle tool, and a blade that is incredibly strong. We love our Boye Knives and trust that you will too.
A traditional shape for safety and a consummate rigging knife, the Boye Sheepsfoot Folding Sailing knife is perfect for everyday jobs, in white knuckle situations when you’re being slammed around on boat or in critical rescue conditions where you need to part a line quickly. Because the Sheepsfoot Folder has a blunt tip, it has minimal risk of accidentally piercing someone with a sharp tip in urgent situations. This knife is easy to carry and deploy and can be opened and closed with either hand. So, it will cut virtually any line – quickly, cleanly, and safely. It can be used for hours on end and still cut effectively and repeatedly, will never rust in salt water (blade or fittings), and is non magnetic, so it won’t affect a compass or electronics.
The Boye Sheepsfoot Folding Sailing knife was rated #1 Boat Knife by Practical Sailor, top scoring in criteria such as cutting, portability, deployment, magnetic interference, corrosion resistance, and affordability. Not included in this test was the all-important category of long term edge holding. In our opinion, that’s one of the essential features of a good boat knife, and that’s where Boye Dendritic Cobalt knives really excel.
The Boye Sheepsfoot Folding Sailing knife has a 3″ blade, is 7″ in length overall, and weighs just 2.5 oz.
The blade bears the markings of its fiery birth. Because the blade takes on metal flow lines and has the natural grain texture of the porcelain mold, it gives it an “organic” look. The irregularities and patterns are superficial and make each knife unique. This finish is very wear resistant, and is a good choice for an all around working tool.
BOYE FOLDER FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- Blade and rocker arm made of Boye Dendritic Cobalt
- Extreme cutting and edge holding; out cuts any steel
- All parts – blade and fittings – will never rust in salt water
- Non-magnetic, so won’t affect a compass or sensitive electronics, including MRI!
- Fast sharpening on a soft or medium whetstone
- Minimalist, lightweight, only 2.5 oz
- Flat profile eliminates bulges and bulk
- 3″ blade; 4″ handle
- Blade locks open and snaps closed under spring tension
- Smooth one hand opening and closing with either hand
- Strong, no slip textured Zytel® handle (fiberglass-filled nylon)
- Titanium Marlinspike/Shackle key/Multitool
- Firm holding forged 2 point titanium pocket clip
- 100 lb test 304 stainless lanyard loop
- Indented release bar prevents accidental blade closure
- Scrape edges on back of blade
- Blade can be taken out for cleaning
- Quality hand craftsmanship in all stages of fabrication
- Superior, satisfying functionality from every day carry to challenging expeditions
- Handcrafted in the USA
- Lifetime guarantee for workmanship and materials