Boye Pointed Tip Folding Knife – Yellow Handle
An all-around utility shape for everyday tasks, both on land and at sea, the Boye Pointed Tip Folder has a leaf-shaped, dropped point utility blade with Moran grind geometry. This is your basic sidekick, a rustproof working knife that is 100% there and ready to perform when you need it. It’s light, flat, easy to carry and can be deployed with either hand.
You could be on a quest for a lost city a hundred miles from nowhere, or just on your way to work, and this knife in your pocket will come through time after time for all sorts of jobs. It is great on a boat, in a car, on a motorcycle, on a horse, up a telephone pole, on a farm, in a laboratory, on an Antarctic expedition, or hiking in the desert. It is good underwater, for self defense, carpentry, and carving. A consummate survival tool, with this ultra performing 3″ blade you can make other tools and shelter as the situation requires. It says “You have me. We can do anything!”
The Boye Dendritic Cobalt blade has 3 scalloped serrations to expedite cutting rope, net, and other tough materials, and 2/3 non serrated for everything else. The entire edge, serrated and plain, has carbide “microserrations” formed by the alternation of totally bonded hard carbide formations and the surrounding cobalt matrix. So even with the plain edge portion you experience an enhanced degree of cutting power that is not available in other knives.
The Boye Pointed Tip folder has a 3″ blade, is 7″ in length overall, and weighs just 2.5 oz.
The “field grade” as-cast blade bears the markings of its fiery birth. The blade takes on metal flow lines and the natural grain texture of the porcelain mold, giving it an “organic” look. The irregularities and patterns are superficial and make each knife unique. This finish is very wear resistant, and is a good choice for an all around working tool. It has a smooth-to-the-touch with a lustrous appearance.
BOYE FOLDER FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- Blade and rocker arm made of Boye Dendritic Cobalt
- Extreme cutting and edge holding; out cuts any steel
- All parts – blade and fittings – will never rust in salt water
- Non-magnetic, so won’t affect a compass or sensitive electronics, including MRI!
- Fast sharpening on a soft or medium whetstone
- Minimalist, lightweight, only 2.5 oz
- Flat profile eliminates bulges and bulk
- 3″ blade; 4″ handle
- Blade locks open and snaps closed under spring tension
- Smooth one hand opening and closing with either hand
- Strong, no slip textured Zytel® handle (fiberglass-filled nylon)
- Titanium Marlinspike/Shackle key/Multitool
- Firm holding forged 2 point titanium pocket clip
- 100 lb test 304 stainless lanyard loop
- Indented release bar prevents accidental blade closure
- Scrape edges on back of blade
- Blade can be taken out for cleaning
- Quality hand craftsmanship in all stages of fabrication
- Superior, satisfying functionality from every day carry to challenging expeditions
- Handcrafted in the USA
- Lifetime guarantee for workmanship and materials