The SpeedPuck is for the minimalist sailor who wants a reliable, easy-to-use instrument that provides the essential information for performance sailing, speed and heading. It combines a high-accuracy GPS speedometer, compass and bar graph wind shift indicator in a compact, durable package. It is designed to be mounted with the included cradle on a beach cat or dinghy, or hand-held when hiking on a sportboat. The SpeedPuck improves your sailing by allowing you to quantify the effects of boat trim, sail trim, wind shifts and current. No more second guessing yourself! Do you hate reading manuals? The SpeedPuck was specifically designed so that almost anyone can figure out how it works in a few minutes without having to read anything.
- Speed Resolution: 0.1 Knots
- Heading Resolution: 1 Degree
- Display Update Rate: 2Hz (once every 0.5 sec.)
- Water Resistance: 3m / 10 ft
- Display: 27mm / 1.06" digit height
- Data Logger:
- Latitude, longitude, time, speed, and heading recorded at 0.5 Hz (once every two seconds)
- +20 hour of capacity
- Data download requires Windows XP or Vista
- 3 x AA
- +20 hour endurance with rechargables
- Rechargeable or Disposable
- 115mm diameter, 27mm thickness
- 4.5" diameter, 1.06" thickness
- Weight Including Batteries: 295g / 0.65lb
- GPS Chipset:
- U-Blox Antaris LEA-4A
- 16 Channel
- Warranty: One year
Main Display Modes
- Speedometer: Displays speed, updated at 2Hz.
- Compass: Displays heading / course over ground, updated at 2Hz.
- Maximum Speed: Displays maximum 10 second average speed, maximum instantaneous speed or flashes between both. User configurable.
Bar Graph Lift / Header Indicator
- Automatically locks on to your tack angle
- Bar graph shows lifts and headers in 3 degree increments
- Automatically resets when you tack or jibe
- Can be disabled if prohibited by class rules
Built to Last
The SpeedPuck is designed for long-term reliability in a saltwater marine environment. The SpeedPuck’s caseback screws on and off like the lid of a leak-proof water bottle to reveal the battery compartment. In addition to this, the battery compartment is completely sealed off from the rest of the device’s electronics, providing a second layer of protection against moisture.
Fully Compatible with Velocitek PC Software
Two different PC software packages are available to help you get the most out of your SpeedPuck:
- Velocitek Control Center is free and works well for customizing the functionality of your SpeedPuck while providing basic data downloading and replay capability.
- Velocitek SpeedPlay (available from Velocitek for $49) is a more powerful tool that allows you to quickly download data from a group of Velocitek devices to create race replay animations with map backgrounds automatically imported from the Microsoft Virtual Earth server.
This special order item normally ships in 2-3 business days.