The Carbo Ratchmatic® is a load-sensing ratchet block that rolls freely in both directions under low loads, and automatically engages the ratchet as loads increase. Shifting between ratchet and light air modes is seamless. Unloaded the sheet runs freely during mark roundings and jibes. Ratchet engagement may be adjusted to a higher or lower load according to strength and sailing style. Holding power of 57 mm is as high as 10:1.
Use with #28-2604 triple block for a 6:1 carbo low-profile mainsheet system.
- Sheave diameter: 2-1/4" (57mm)
- Length: 4-1/16" (103mm)
- Weight: 14.9 oz (421 g)
- Shackle pin diameter: 1/4" (6mm)
- Maximum line diameter: 3/8" (10mm)
- Maximum working load: 1500 lb. (680 kg)*
- Breaking load: 3750 lb. (1700 kg)*
- Holding power with 180 degree wrap 50 lb. (23 kg): 10:1
- Maximum working load and breaking load for blocks based on cam strengths.
This block replaces item #28-0152.