Ronstan Shock Block 5mm
The versatile, Ronstan Shock Block 5mm is only 7/8″ long, yet it is very strong, super lightweight and designed for performance. With no moving parts, Shocks provide ultimate durability and are maintenance free. They are ideal where sand and grit would compromise a bearing system or where regular flushing out isn’t possible. Shocks are designed primarily for ‘soft attachment’— spliced to a line end or lashed in place. The elongated attachment aperture is also ideal for webbing attachment, ensuring the intended orientation is maintained. Shocks accept lines from 1.4mm (1/16”) up to 5mm (3/16”) and function just as well with high-tech uncovered braids as with traditional double braids. Color choices help keep complicated rigging configurations organized.
- Ultra lightweight anodized aluminum at only 2.5g (0.1 oz)!
- Ultra compact
- Color coded — Red, blue, lime green or charcoal gray, as available
- Impact resistant
- Small line optimized
- High load capacity — 350kg (770lb) breaking load
- Tolerant with poor alignment
- Soft attachment compatible
- Grit- and salt-resistant
- Several attachment options, including webbing, pigtail, lashing and Dyneema® links
- Use with 8.0mm (5/16″) webbing
- Ronstan #RF8080
- Weight: 2.50 g (.01 oz)
- Maximum working load: 175 kg (385 lb)
- Breaking load: 350 kg (770 lb)
- Length: 22.9 mm (7/8″)
- Width: 14.9 mm (9/16″)
- Depth: 8.5 mm (5/16″)
- Lead height: 17.9 mm (11/16″) — Block must be lashed through hub.
- Line capacity: 1.4-5.0 mm (1/16″-3/16″)
- Optimum line capacity: 1.4-3.0 mm (1/16″-1/8″)
The applications for Shocks are virtually limitless, including numerous high performance dinghy and small sailboat rigging applications such as tweakers, vangs, trapezes, cunninghams, barber haulers and kite bridles. They are also handy on larger boats for uses such as lazy jacks, sail
covers, tie-downs, ladder and motor hoists. Kiteboarders can use them to replace bridle pulleys or as a sliding chickenloop attachment point.
Ronstan Part # RF8080