Tear-Aid Type A is the best-known kite and sail repair tape and it works on all kite canopy / sail materials: Dacron, mylar and ripstop nylon and kite bladders. Each package includes one foot of clear repair tape, alcohol pad and instructions. To use, clean area to be repaired with alcohol, cut patch to size, then peel and stick.
Tear-Aid® is a durable, flexible, airtight, watertight, puncture-resistant, industrial-strength patch that protects against abrasion, moisture, saltwater, UV sunlight and extreme temperatures. The patch’s unique composition stretches and recovers, absorbing the force that causes ordinary repair products to tear off. Tear-Aid A is for all fabrics (not vinyl).
Each Tear-Aid® A Patch Kit contains:
- One 3" x 12" Tear-Aid patch that cuts with scissors to any size.
- One 7/8" x 7/8" patch.
- One 1-3/8" x 1-3/8" patch.
- One 12" reinforcement filament for repairing tears at edges.
- Two alcohol prep pads.
- One illustrated instructions with product repair list.
- Holds air under pressure, even when stretched.
- Holds water under pressure, even when stretched.
- See-through patch works with all colors.
- Instant adhesion with no sewing.
- Conforms to irregular surfaces.
- Won’t turn gummy in high heat.
- UV resistant to inhibit yellowing for years.
- Cuts easily to any size with scissors.
- No glue tubes— no messy liquid adhesives to apply.
- Elastic patch that won’t pull off when stretched.