H16 Shroud 1/8″
The H16 Shroud 1/8″ Single shroud (sidestay) for Hobie® 16 is constructed with 1/8″ wire to 90’s factory specifications this will fit the majority of the H16s out there especially with older sail plans. This was the Factory spec from 1995 through 2009. Shrouds are sold Each. Purchase two to ensure equal lengths. A pull-to-pull length of 18’11” is the standard length unless specified; add or subtract up to 4″ at no extra charge.
The current factory spec is 18′ 10.25″ since 2009
Thimble/marine eye upgrade: Hydraulic swaging produces a cleaner, stronger shroud. A marine eye is installed at the bottom end fitting where breakage commonly occurs. Electrolysis is reduced because both wire and marine eye are stainless steel. Wire manufacturers recommend stainless steel marine eye terminal fittings for 1 x 19 wire to assure full rated strength of wire.
Use this page to order product numbers:
- 02-0204-00 Bare with thimble/thimble fittings
- 02-0204-01 White with thimble/thimble fittings (compare to Hobie Cat® #20790011)
- 02-0204-02 Black with thimble/thimble fittings (compare to Hobie Cat® #20792011)
- 02-0204-11 White with thimble/marine eye fittings
- 02-0204-12 Black with thimble/marine eye fittings