Mount a mini cam cleat, in any orientation, on almost any elliptical surface. Fits most elliptical surfaces: Hobie®, Nacra, Prindle masts and most others; Hobie and Prindle main beams, etc. You drill holes in the pad to suit your desired line/cleat orientation.
- On Masts: Mount halyard or downhaul cleat. Pad moves cleat out from mast for better line handling.
- On Front Main Beam: Mount barberhauler or jib traveler control cleats. H16 sailors note: Ronstan cam cleats are much stronger and more reliable than lance cleats for Hobie® 16 jib traveler control.
- On Front Main Beam: Mount roller furling line cleat.
- 01-0109 Murray 2"OD pad for elliptical surfaces
- 21-5000 Ronstan mini cam cleat
- 21-5005 Ronstan Fast Track fairlead
- 19-1624 Fasteners
- Position pad(s) and mark location(s). Hint: Job may be easier if you silicone pad in position before you drill holes.
- Orient cleat and mark hole positions.
- Drill hole in pad using 3/16" – 7/32" bit.
- Drill hole in mast or beam using 1/8" – 9/64" bit for #8 self tapping screws provided.
Hint 1: If using 1/8" bit, be careful to work screw in hole. If screw breaks, you will have extra work.
Hint 2: Use blue or red loc tite to hold screws and insulate contact surfaces.