Gath Gedi Convertible Helmet
The removable ribbed peak visor is included!
The Gath Gedi Convertible helmet is purpose-designed to meet the special requirements of extreme kayaking, kiteboarding, lifeguard and security personnel using PWC's, swift water rescue services and others. Design criteria: to provide the best coverage and the most impact protection, while still maintaining the low-profile, hydrodynamic shape required for high speed water entry. Ear protectors are removable and audio vents are fully adjustable.
The Gedi meets the European whitewater helmet CE EN 1385 standard, having met all of the requirements for field of vision, extent of coverage, shock absorbing capacity, retention system performance, buoyancy and durability.
- To provide maximum coverage that will STAY PUT (resist dislodging or displacement due to bucketing, rocks or snags), even after the second or third "hit" or "bump."
- To be easily adjustable to fit head size and shape.
- To be light weight (360-420g) and low profile so that it will not cause unnecessary water resistance and/or neck strain.
- To be versatile, adjustable for water or weather conditions.
- To be durable (multiple impact) and low maintenance (easy-to-clean, fast-to-dry liner, marine quality components).
Gath helmets are made from quality materials to strict specifications. They are built to last and are backed with a 3-year warranty. All materials are strong, durable, rust proof and will withstand harsh climate conditions and temperature extremes.
- Shell: UV-stable, impact-resistant, quality ABS plastic.
- See-Through Visors: UV-stable, shatterproof, quality polycarbonate plastic.
- Peak Visor: UV-stable, shatterproof, flexible, quality nylon plastic.
- Liner: Multi-impact EVA closed cell foam.
- Comfort Strip: Soft, closed-cell EVA foam.
- Fittings: All Gath helmet custom-built screws and rivets are made from strong non-corrosive, saltwater-resistant materials.
- Retention system: Made using non-stretch, standards-approved webbing, standards-approved quick-release buckles for a secure retention and are fitted with a neoprene anti-rash sleeve for added comfort.
Please note that neither the included peak visor, nor any optional visor, should be worn for skydiving, as the visors were not designed for the extreme speeds involved in skydiving.
Orange size XXL is always a special order item.